Monday, May 18, 2009

Help Save Mother Nature

Have u thought about it?? What have I done to save mother nature?? Our very own mother earth. And what role have u taken in educating our love ones from endangering the earth??? Just a simple gesture will reduce the risk and help to preserve nature. U can do ur bit cos I started to do mine about a year ago.

First step I took was to separate my garbage for recycling purposes. Papers, plastic bottles and glasses are separated into different garbage can. Every week my friends mom will come and collect the items to be sent for recycling. Just recently I started my second step in preserving earth..i say NO to PLASTIC BAG.

Yes fabulous people out there..buy a recycle bag, use it for ur next shopping trip or whenever u go to ur nearest grocer or ‘pasar’. I found my amazing bag at http://www.envirosax.com/ . Fret not when using this bag cos it’s washable and it can carry a weight up to 20 kg. isn’t that amazing peeps??? Plus it’s light weight and easily folded into a palm size.


If that doesn’t get u interested, here’s another reason why u should say no to plastic bag:

* Thousands of marine animals and more than 1 million birds die each year as a result of plastic pollution

* The United Nations Environment Programme estimates that there are 46,000 pieces of plastic litter floating in every square mile of ocean.


* Plastic bags are often mistakenly ingested by animals, clogging their intestines which results in death by starvation. Other animals or birds become entangled in plastic bags and drown or can’t fly as a result.

* Even when they photo-degrade in landfill, the plastic from single-use bags never goes away, and toxic particles can enter the food chain when they are ingested by unsuspecting animals.

* Greenpeace says that at least 267 marine species are known to have suffered from getting entangled in or ingesting marine debris. Nearly 90% of that debris is plastic.

- facts and info taken from envirosax websites.

Even Nandos is coming up with their own campaign by introducing their very own reusable non woven bags design by renowned fashion designer Melinda looi. It’s so hot i didn’t even notice my take away dinner are getting cold as I was busy parading around the mall with my chic dinner/lunch tote!! Hahaha. So grab one the next time u eat there and do ur bit for charity as 50sen from each purchase of the bag will be donated to the GreenAid fund.



I will not want my children to be asking me this question one day...mom, how does crocodile looks like??? Hhhmmm lets see..why don’t I just search the image online..i’m sure they have it somewhere cos they surely are none at the zoo!!! Ooohhh that will be a sad and tragic day for me. Why wait??? Start doing ur part today plus u get to shop in style and stay vogue even at the wet market!!!

No comments: