Monday, May 11, 2009

A Day for Reflexology


I think I did a lot of walking last week (or I like to believe I did..hehehe) so today came the need to unwind a bit and relax while getting some needed foot TLC. So armed with the invalid reason above..hehehe, I called hubby and we headed to Beijing Reflexology in Sek 13 Shah Alam. Personally I think this place is one of the best that I’ve been so far..ur welcome to try and prove me wrong!!! Hahaha

Some of u readers must be curious to know what is the meaning of reflexology??? Was it a mere massage perform to relief ur feet of tiredness or some believe with the correct method and experience reflexologies it will able to cure or prevent illnesses. This is what I could gather from the web.

Reflexology (zone therapy) is an
alternative medicine method involving the practice of massaging, squeezing, or pushing on parts of the feet, or sometimes the hands and ears, with the goal of encouraging a beneficial effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health.

There is no consensus among reflexologists on how reflexology is supposed to work; a unifying theme is the idea that areas on the foot correspond to areas of the body, and that by manipulating these one can improve health through one's
qi.



Concerns have been raised by medical professionals that treating potentially serious illnesses with reflexology, which has no proven efficacy, could delay the seeking appropriate medical treatment.
There is no conclusive clinical or scientific evidence that reflexology has specific effect, with some exceptions.


- extracted from wikipedia.



As for me whatever method to help relief my aching muscle is worth trying..so WHY NOT!!!

4 comments:

mslvoe said...

dekat gn umah sha but never been there. one day kena try nie. thanks for sharing sis

Amelia Khalik said...

Sha..yea ker dekat dgn rumah u??? dekat jugak dgn rumah i..hhmmm rupanya kita org shah alam yek..hehehe. Seriously u shud try..most of the time full hse so it's better u book early.

YANI SLiM said...

i agree wit u amelia. tpt ni mmg ok. been there few times wit hubby, dkt dgn umah. nxt time kita coffee together or u can buzz me bila nk ke sana k. mmg da dkt sgt kita. d couple yg run tis business ni tinggalkn anak dia kt s'wk n they all tido kt bilik blkg fr time being psl mmg bz

Amelia Khalik said...

Yanie..itulah kan..memang best kan..so far i dah try kakiku..tapi..not so good lah (my opinion). Yea lah we shud lepak since u pun dok shah alam yea. Or better still..kalau u gi SACC mall singgah lah kat nachos nachos next to big apple cos that is my restaurant. :)