Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

Happy New Year everyone. I'm home watching tv and had a late take out Dominoes for dinner. This is basically routine every year. Somehow i dont find it enjoyable driving around town or hanging out watching the fireworks. I hate the traffic and i know we'll be stuck for hours on the road. So..yeah that's just 'us'..lol.

My sadness in 2010 is still very much inside me. I do welcome 2011 but still i have not recovered from lost after lost. My uncle passed away just 4 days ago. It reminds me that with every year approaching i'm closer to losing the elderly in the family. That saddens me..those people that used to rock & craddle me is saying goodbyes. I know..life goes on, sooner or later we too will be meeting out creator. I'm hoping that this year come what may, i'll be given the strength to stay positive, mentally n emotionally prepared.

To all friends, May you be blessed with good health and great things in life. Stay strong and take one step at a time. Life is beautiful, find a spot in your heart to embrace the simple and smaller things in life. I have taken too much for granted, i will not, not treasure every moment i had bathing my kids, eating together, messing up my bed laughing n poking at them, watching their favourite channel and many more. The small things in life that i failed to notice before.

Last but not least, thank you 'Allah swt' for giving me another year to look forward too! Welcome 2011...:)


7 comments:

somebody who needs to love herself said...

happy new year dear. these past few days my childhood friend pass away. she is around our age and pregnant. so tragic. I agree with all you have written. gotta appreciate every moment..good and bad.

Lynnda said...

Hey Amelia.... well-written post my dearest...It's so true what you've said... Treasure every moment we have with our dearest... thats the best gift Allah gives us... we never know...when and how... every minute we have with them to me is precious... being older makes me wiser unlike before...

And for me... I totally glad that I've "met" you ...from cari forum... from love of bags... and now from crafty world... if not for you... I would not embrace this hobby... and Thank you so much my dearest friend... I really wish we'll meet in person some day...InshaAllah....

Happy New Year to you and family... welcome 2011..and all the best.... take care...catch you later...xoxo

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Amelia, wishing you a wonderful year ahead, filled with joy and lots of love!
I had a handmade flower tutorial made just for you at my blog, pop over to take a look! Hope you'll enjoy it!

Kaseh said...

lama kaseh tak singgah sini..Happy new year amylea..may ur life full of love and happiness...take care dear..

Jaime Lee said...

Happy New Year to you Amelia! My warmest regards to you and to your family.

I hope you have everything well plan for your 3 yr old. I just finished mine and it's all went well :).

Hope to catch up sometime soon! ;)

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Happy New Year to you & family dear..! :)

Blossom inch said...

i like this post...yes I totally agree with you. Appreciate more and treasure every moments (my hubby told me that on the first day of new year). Be thankful with what you have (I should put this in my head too). Happy New Year to you!
Hugs